Bookmark any intranet page with a click
Use Bookmarks on your ThoughtFarmer intranet to access important pages quickly and keep up-to-date with changes. You can add any intranet page to your list of Bookmarks with just one click.
How to add a bookmarkNavigate to the page you want to add and click the Bookmark icon (a star) in the Page Sharing Buttons in the page header. When you click the Bookmark icon, the icon is filled in to show that you have bookmarked the page. That's it!
Now you can click on Bookmarks in the Application Toolbar and you will see the page you have bookmarked in your list of bookmarks. (If both are enabled, Bookmarks and History live in the same menu in the Application Toolbar. The Toolbar remembers and displays the last tab you used, so you may have to click on History to access the Bookmarks tab.)
The number under the Bookmark icon indicates how many people have bookmarked the page. Hover over the number to see a pop-up list of people who have bookmarked the page. Click on the number to see a list of the people who have bookmarked that page, with their profile photos.
Bookmark a page from Activity streamWhen an update, Shout Out or other content in an Activity stream has the three dots icon beside it, you can bookmark the page right from the Activity stream. Click the three dots icon on the top right of the Activity item. In the menu that opens, click Bookmark. The content or update page will automatically be added to your Bookmarks.
Bookmarks can trigger in-app and email notificationsIn your Profile Settings you can choose whether Bookmarking a page means that you will automatically follow the page. When you Follow a page, you receive in-app notifications when changes are made to the page. If you choose to automatically Follow pages that you Bookmark, then you will receive notifications when changes are made to pages that you have Bookmarked. (Learn more about Following and alerts.)
To change whether Bookmarking a page results in you getting notifications from the page:
- Click on the Alerts menu in the Application Toolbar.
- Click on the Notifications tab.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom right of the Notifications tab. This will take you to your Profile Settings. (You can also access this page by opening the Page Controls on your profile page and clicking Settings.)
- Under Notification Settings: Auto-follow, find the checkbox Content you bookmark, and:
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Bookmarks Card on Home page or profileIf it is used on your intranet, you may also find your Bookmarks in the Bookmarks Card - available on the homepage or your profile page.
Edit profile to make Bookmarks Card privateIf the Bookmarks Card is enabled on profile pages on your intranet, by default it is visible to any colleague who visits your profile page. But you can set your Bookmarks to private so only you see them.
- Click on your name or profile photo on the right of the Application Toolbar, and click Edit profile in the dropdown.
- In edit mode, click Configure profile cards on the top right.
- In the Card Setup window that opens, find the Bookmark manager card.
- Uncheck the box Allow other to view to hide your Bookmarks from other users viewing your profile page.
- Click Done.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Add an internal or external Bookmark from Bookmarks Card
- Find the Bookmarks Card on your homepage or profile page.
- Click Add below the Bookmarks heading. This will open a pop-up window for adding a link.
- In the pop-up window, select the tab for the type of Bookmark you want to add and select the Bookmark. The tab options are:
- (Your Intranet Name): Use the Search bar or the tree navigation to find the intranet page you want.
- Recently viewed pages: Look at list of pages you have viewed recently to find the intranet page you want.
- External location: Enter the URL of the website you want to Bookmark in the Location box.
- Email: Enter the email address that you want to create a mail-to Bookmark for.
- Type the name you want to show in your Bookmarks list in the Link text box at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Insert button. Your Bookmark will show up in the Bookmarks Card and your Bookmarks menu.